Study Guide for Ecosystems
- A _______________ provides a more
accurate model of the way energy moves through a community.
- All the clown fish in an aquarium
would represent a_______________.
- The bodies of most organisms are 50%
to 90% __________.
- ______________ is a symbiotic
relationship that benefits both species.
- Define predator.
- How do decomposers obtain energy in an
- _______________ can cause a population
to not grow larger forever.( limiting factors, biotic potential, habitats,
- Which organisms in a food chain have
the most available energy? (
those in the last link, those in the middle or those in the first link)
- Define Niche.
- The _________________ is the science
of the environment, its components, and the interactions between them.
- Label the following as abiotic or
- What is a local network of plants,
animals, and the surrounding environment called?
- What is the ultimate source of energy
in the energy pyramid?
air sunlight, or soil)
- Define Parasites.
- Name an animal and its adaptation that
helps it obtain food.
- Abiotic factors are all
- Biotic factors are all __________________.
- Label the following as producer,
consumer, or decomposer.
- A ____________ is a series of
overlapping food chains that exist in an ecosystem.
- A _____________ is a large region
where plants and animals are well adapted to the soil and climate.( biome,
- Define Mutualism.
- All the individuals of one species
that live in the same area at the same time are ____________________.
Where a Zebra lives is called its _______________.
- Scientists call tropical rainforests,
mountains, tundra, desert and grasslands________________.
- Label the following cycles.